Prepares and maintains gym cash accounting records. Examines, analyzes and interprets accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements.
• Daily and monthly reconciliation of gym bank accounts.
• Works closely with personnel in other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
• Prepares various financial reports including cash variance analyses and makes recommendations to management.
• Assist in monthly G/L close process.
• Develops Excel models used in cash reconciliation.
• Review income statements and balance sheet accounts at month-end, research variances and resolve issues.
• Recommends methods and procedures to improve the functioning of the accounting area.
• Ensure all recorded transactions are in accordance with GAAP or other required accounting standard.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Proficient user in Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and formulas, are essential.
• Great Plains and Frx experience a plus.
• Works well independently and has strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal peers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, plus 3 years of work experience.
• Has strong analytical skills, sound judgment and good common sense.
Established in Venice, Calif. in 1965, Gold's Gym is the most recognized gym chain in the world with more than 650 locations in 37 states...