Prepares and maintains gym cash accounting records. Examines, analyzes and interprets accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements.
• Daily and monthly reconciliation of gym bank accounts.
• Works closely with personnel in other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
• Prepares various financial reports including cash variance analyses and makes recommendations to management.
• Assist in monthly G/L close process.
• Develops Excel models used in cash reconciliation.
• Review income statements and balance sheet accounts at month-end, research variances and resolve issues.
• Recommends methods and procedures to improve the functioning of the accounting area.
• Ensure all recorded transactions are in accordance with GAAP or other required accounting standard.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Proficient user in Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables and formulas, are essential.
• Great Plains and Frx experience a plus.
• Works well independently and has strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal peers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, plus 3 years of work experience.
• Has strong analytical skills, sound judgment and good common sense.
The site of America's most famous muscle beach is the birth place of one of the world's best-known muscle makers. Gold's Gym, which first...