The Milford NYC is undergoing one of New York City’s
most amazing transformations. Upon completion this
Spring, the $140 million renovation of this iconic hotel
will offer newly designed guest rooms, a totally
renovated lobby, the hippest lounge and newest rooftop
bar in Manhattan. The hotel is designed for guests to
enjoy the AUTHENTIC New York experience throughout their
entire stay. Our 1,331 guest rooms feature a light,
bright and airy design with clean and elegant
furnishings. The room colors are inspired by the VIBRANT
colors of the NYC subway lines and accented with wall
graphics paying homage to our Times Square location.
Guests can walk through our corridors and feel as if
they are in 5-different Manhattan neighborhoods with our
life size murals. Our 25,000 square feet of retail space
will include exclusive high end shops and a variety
NYC’s best food offerings. The 5,000 square foot roof
top bar will cater to the fashionista in everyone with
indoor and outdoor space, views from tip to tip of
Manhattan at the top of the world's largest lifesytle
Be part of the transformative team and experience New
York’ most incredible journey of success. This is a once
in a lifetime opportunity to be on the team delivering
the Smart, Vibrant and Authentic NYC experience at The
The Accountant is responsible for providing consistent
leadership in the financial area of the hotel by
supplying management with guidance and training. He/she
is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of
the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial
reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal
control, ensuring compliance with all federal, state,
and local regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
issues. This includes the accurate and timely
- Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related
preparation of cash flow statements, management of
receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms
and timely deposits of all funds.
accurate recording in accordance with Highgate Hotel’s
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the
established guidelines. Investigate and critique
variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical
improvement methodologies to management.
management with the calculation of return on capital
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting
improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid
process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by
evaluating scope of work and specifications.
and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and
- Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses
the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide
assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all
assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to
reconciliation’s are reconciled on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank
controls including purchasing, cash handling,
- Establish and continually audit all internal financial
disbursements, inventories, hotel assets, master keys,
payroll, and employee records.
assisting in recruiting, reviewing, recommending and
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively
maintaining an inventory of Directors of Financial
Services, Assistant Directors of Financial Services,
Assistant Directors of Financial Services Trainees,
Accounting Managers, and other managers for the
for the Accounting associates to cultivate the
- Continually focus on training and development programs
“brightest” and “best” talent within the industry.
Key Competencies, both management and hourly.
- Ensure implementation and completion of all Accounting
coaching, counseling and discipline.
- Hire, train, supervise and develop staff, including
regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of
- Maintain compliance with Highgate Hotel’ standards and
periodic upgrades of all equipment.
- Ensure the proper utilization, maintenance and
accordance with Highgate Hotel’s requirements meeting
- Directs or prepares all financial reports in
various due dates and deadlines, i.e.,
meetings to maintain favorable working relationships
- Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic
among employees and promote maximum morale,
productivity, and efficiency.
deadlines and due dates and react accordingly.
- Monitor hotels’ compliance in meeting required report
- Monitor the accurate production of the hotel daily
Job Requirements:Education & Experience:
and written, with all level of employees and guests in
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
functions to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental
an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in
Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling,
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations
problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify
anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
- Must be effective in handling problems, including
problems as necessary.
information, data, etc. from various sources to meet
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of
occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects.