The Treasury and Risk Manager has primary responsibilities for managing treasury, insurance, leasing, and unclaimed property.
Insurance – Main objectives are to reduce risk of loss minimizing cost through safety efforts, proper insurance program design and claims management.
· Manage 3rd party relationships with our insurance brokers, third party administrators, and actuary.
· Use actuarial data and internal loss analysis to determine the optimal retention levels for various insurance products.
· Manage submissions and handling for insurance claims.
· Provide accounting and analysis for all business insurance, workers compensation and certain medical accounts.
· Coordinate semi-annual claims reviews for workers compensation.
· Perform full accounting and analysis of split dollar life insurance policies.
Treasury – Main objective is to ensure the security and availability of the cash assets of the company through appropriate security protocols and forecasting activities.
· Prepare debt covenant calculations and monitor our compliance to them.
· Provide a weekly liquidity projection for Group Treasury in Finland.
· Review the daily cash transactions including wire transfers, ACH, check disbursements, positive pay, and deposits.
· Supervise the Treasury Analyst
· Supervise the monthly international and domestic netting activities.
· Provide treasury solutions to site controllers for cash transaction needs.
· Provide treasury support to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
· Manage the security administration function of our online treasury software.
· Manage our bank account structure and payment security with positive pay, signature authorities, ACH debit blocks, and user security levels
· Perform full accounting duties for Americas including journal entries, account reconciliations, month end and year end processes and completion of Hyperion forms.
· Prepare letters of credit.
· Prepare Group guarantee valuation reports.
Leasing – Main objectives are to minimize the cost of financing for assets, and to ensure proper accounting for leased assets.
· Responsible for full accounting and reporting of finance and operating leases totaling $4M in future minimum lease payments.
· Prepare a lease vs. buy analysis to determine optimal financing options for various capital expenditures.
· Determine the proper accounting treatment for all lease transactions
· Manage the end of lease options to minimize lease charges, negotiate buyouts/terminations.
· Manage vendor relationships with finance companies and major equipment manufacturers.
Unclaimed Property – Main objectives are to comply with UP laws and to work with the Finance department to prevent unclaimed property being created.
· Properly file UP reports with appropriate due diligence and file maintenance.
· Manage 3rd party UP audits.
BS Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Prior management experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to handle many ongoing projects concurrently and effectively organize and prioritize work
Works with a large number of company contacts. Organizes meetings and conferences.
Ability to work as part of team or as a team (either as leader or member) to accomplish specific tasks/projects