Unit/Department Description: |
General Accounting is responsible for all financial postings, reconciliations and reporting for NA/LA Business Unit.
The Staff Accountant provides an integral function by reconciling and properly recording transactions leading to accurate financial reporting.
· Work with monthly inter-company accounts payable and receivable transactions ensuring accurate account balances, consolidation and financial reporting of the company’s books on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
· Post daily bank transactions into the general ledger.
· Generate and review journal entries, account reconciliations, and subsidiary ledger activity.
· Create and support period-end management reporting and disclosure analysis.
· Regularly communicate with domestic and global Finance personnel at varying management levels.
· Identify and lead process improvements to achieve excellent performance within the Finance department.
· Assist Accounts Payable and/or Receivable departments as needed.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers:
Local Finance Department, Group Finance Departments
Vendor and customers
Direct responsibility and control
Indirect influence and contribution
Measure of Success:
Value this role delivers to the organization
Accurate account balances and financial reports
Measurement of excellent contribution to the function or business could include :
· Reconciliation items for all assigned general ledger accounts are researched and resolved prior to month-end close
Job Requirements :
Skills and Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities ) :
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, to include the ability to develop high quality working relationships both internally and externally with customers and industry organizations.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong initiative and the ability to be self directed in completing tasks
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events.
- Process oriented, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement processes and procedures where none currently exist.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
· Proficiency in MS Office software applications.
· Strong written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate a message both professionally and concisely.
· Ability to proactively and confidently identify problems and recommend solutions.
· Knowledge and experience with JD Edwards
Husqvarna - 14 months ago
Husqvarna has lumberjacks around the world shouting "Timber!" A leading manufacturer of outdoor power tools, the company makes...