Brief introduction to the job here
The Accountant is responsible to support the IKEA store through effective management of processing, recording, and reporting of all financial data; maintaining complete and proper records of revenue, expenditures, assets, and liabilities. The Accountant ensures complete and precise source documentation that accurately supports the general ledger and financial statements. The Accountant supports the development of IKEA as the best Home Furnishings Company in the local market.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Review, reconcile and analyze accounts and transactions in the general ledger
- Process Accounts Payable/Receivable in a timely manner
- Prepare and execute monthly journal entries including accruals and adjustments
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the monthly and year-end closing procedures
- Order and maintain general office supplies and equipment Reconcile hours and payroll information to payroll reports.
- Ensure timekeeping, payroll and personnel paperwork impacting pay and/or benefit hours is communicated to central payroll
- Verify pay checks to ensure accuracy in conjunction with central payroll
- Ensure that pay checks are processed and delivered by the appointed time
- Ensure that in the areas of accounting, purchasing and payroll that the ASR guideline and other IKEA policies are adhered to
- Respond to customer needs in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- Monitor department and surrounding areas to ensure a safe work environment for co-workers and customers, reporting physical hazards for resolution
- Audit or assist in audits to ensure that the department is adhering to IKEA standards and policies
- Recognize, generate and/or refer opportunities to strengthen the store operations
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the desire and ability to train, educate and mentor others in accounting and administrative processes
- Strong observational, motivational, and communication skills required with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail in order to maintain Basic Actions and adhere to IKEA policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of department/business area such that you are viewed as a subject matter expert
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment with the ability to accomplish common and individual goals; often working independently
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers
- Interest in home furnishings
This competence profile does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This competence profile is not necessarily all inclusive.
ADA / EOE / M / F
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...