Description of Opportunity:
At IMS, we look for the very best people, and then give them meaningful work to do. We don’t simply think about careers, we think about contributions.
Those who choose to work with us are joining a recognized global leader — a company uniquely positioned to help clients make the most of market opportunities and respond to challenges that affect global healthcare. We’re committed to blending industry expertise and advanced technology to deliver the most accurate perspectives and in-depth analytics on healthcare dynamics.
To join IMS means you’ll be part of a worldwide organization where one person can make a difference, and where collaboration and innovation rule. Our people are creative and client-focused. They are among the best and brightest in the industry. And they bring a broad range of expertise to the table. Our people are analysts, statisticians, software engineers, consultants, sales leaders, marketing and product managers, and more. The key to our success is our people, whose experience, talent, commitment and diversity set the standard for the health information industry.
We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
Provides accurate and timely accounting services to a large group (Corporate, US, Europe, etc.)
- Performs accounting duties of a complex nature requiring advanced professional experience, knowledge and competency in accounting principles and practices.
- Performs monthly close process though the preparation of journal entries, review of financial statements, and preparation of account reconciliation’s.
- Submits the monthly financial statements to Corporate Finance department.
- Works with broad discretion as to work details on assignments of a varied and diverse nature.
- Provides specialized and general analysis support in various accounting functions.
- Prepares specialized reports and analyses.
- Submits recommendations for improved operations and implements internal controls.
- Provides interpretation of accounts, methods and records for managers and officers.
- Provides technical guidance to other accounting personnel on assignments, projects or tasks.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Specialized Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance required with a minimum of five (5) years of work experience in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 3 years Government Contracting Experience and Deltek GCS Premier Experience.
- Must have working knowledge of incurred cost submissions, forward rate development, and all contract types as well as DCAA, FAR and CAS.
- Qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills and be detail oriented and must be experienced in using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
IMS Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
IMS Health is a leading global information and technology services company providing clients in the healthcare industry with comprehensive...