Primary responsibilities are for periodic closings, maintaining / analyzing the Cost and General Ledgers, billings and collections, and providing support when required. Periodic closings include preparing/ posting journal vouchers, performing analysis and reconciliations, and preparing reports. Maintaining / analyzing the ledgers including establishing accounts / codes / job numbers, reconciling accounts, preparing analysis and reports for all levels of management, and preparing accruals. Billings and collections include cash flow management. In addition, other responsibilities include preparing budgets, improving and documenting related processes, indirect rates, and working closely with and support all other areas of Finance, DSN, Exelis, and customers.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Ensures the periodic closings are completed in accordance with company policies and procedures. (35%)
2. Public Vouchers preparation and collections (20%)
3. Run and posts the General Ledger and Cost Ledger interfaces. (10%)
4. Support the Finance Manager as required (10%)
5. Support DCAA and Sarbanes Oxley audits. (10%)
6. Prepares budgets (5%)
7. Performs Balance Sheet reconciliations (5%)
8. Performs other duties and assignments as required (5%)
Minimum 3-5 years of accounting experience. Moderate skills with Microsoft Office.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting is preferred.
Strong analytical skills.
Knowledge of GAAP, FAR, CAAS, and Sarbanes Oxley.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
No Clearance Required
Percent of Travel Required
Less than 25%
ITT Exelis - 18 months ago