The Accountant in the Gas Business Unit will prepare, examine and analyze accounting records and financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards. This position will be located in Houston, Texas and will report to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements for management reporting
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist to resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Assist and support of budget and forecast activities
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Works closely with internal and external auditors and business control representatives in the identification of potential risks and the application of solutions to mitigate.
- Work through reporting processes and continually identify areas for systems and process improvements to support ongoing business operations.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study, such as Finance or Accounting; or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 1 year of progressive experience in finance or accounting;
- General Ledger experience;
- Proficiency in MS Excel;
- Experience using SAP;
- Knowledge of GAAP;
- Skills to work independently with limited management oversight;
- Strong time management skills to manage multiple projects with varying timelines, as well as to manage ad hoc reporting requests;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and reference check, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Iberdrola Energy Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Two or more years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting;
- Energy industry experience;
- Knowledge of IFRS.