At Inscopix, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and innovators aspiring to introduce new approaches to the understanding of the human brain and brain diseases. Our team of employees, advisors, and investors is comprised of disruptive engineers, thought-leading life scientists, and outside-the-box business builders all working together to bring revolutionary brain imaging technologies into the hands of leading researchers. We are deeply vested in enabling and supporting the pursuit of breakthrough brain science poised to profoundly impact human society.
We have an immediate need for an Accountant. As a full-time Company Accountant, you will be the cornerstone of the Inscopix financial and accounting team which today is primarily comprised of contractors / consultants. You will act as the day-to-day accountant for timely and accurate posting of accounts payables and receivables and all operations-related entries. You will also play an integral part in the monthly accounting close process, working closely with our consulting Controller and our internal administrative and management team.
• Enter all vendor, supplier, consultant, contractor payables into the accounting system (currently in Quickbooks, but will evolve over time to a more robust ERP system).
• Prepare and distribute customer invoices as well as track collections of customers' A/R, generating A/R aging reports as necessary.
• Process employee expense reimbursements including reviewing for required documentation, accuracy, and management approvals in order to make appropriate accounting entries.
• Support monthly close, including bank reconciliations, credit card(s) posting and reconciliation, maintaining of accurate and complete documentation of supporting schedules for journal entries (e.g. fixed assets and depreciation, employees PTO and deferred revenue and COGS) and any other G/L accounts requiring monthly reconciliation.
• Establish and maintain manufacturing accounting best practices, including working closely with the Manufacturing Operations team to record inventory entries as needed from raw materials parts receipt through finished goods shipment and customer returns processing.
Requirements (you must have all of these):
• A minimum of 3+ years of hands-on experience in a bookkeeping and/or accounting role in a company setting.
• B.S. or equivalent college degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Extremely detail-oriented.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Reliable and dependable.
Bonus Skills (great if you have some of these):
• Experience in a manufacturing business.
• Experience directly supporting a Controller / CFO.
• Experience working with sophisticated business accounting / ERP systems.
Inscopix - 30+ days ago
Inscopix is a pioneering provider of in vivo cellular imaging solutions. Our mission is to introduce a new dimension in neuroscience...