IA Interior Architects , the only global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interior architecture, is hiring full-time Accountant in the San Francisco, CA office. As Accountant , you will be responsible for routine accounting tasks for either the local office(s) or for the Corporate Finance Department. Specific responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility for the accounting and billing of specific projects.
- Review preliminary invoices for appropriate labor, expense charges, billing rates, fees maximums and makes appropriate changes and reclassifications.
- Participates in project review meeting with Project Manager.
- Assist PM in identifying the need for additional services as necessary.
- Work with PMs to properly setup and maintain projects in Vision Accounting.
- Responsible for obtaining information to properly set up a project for all disciplines, functional markets, geographical markets, and other qualitative data.
- Processes consultant invoices and monitors progress payment releases to consultants.
- Issue project performance reports accurately and promptly.
- Process accounts payable and expense reports as necessary.
- Maintains petty cash as necessary.
- Provides clerical support and general assistance when requested (filing, copying, shipping and distribution of mail and packages, ordering supplies, backup phone reception coverage, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- AA degree in accounting.
- 3+ years accounting experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of Deltek systems
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate MS Office application skills.
- Advanced skills using an automated accounting system, preferably Deltek/Advantage.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels within the firm.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Proven ability to operate a 10-key adding machine preferred.
- Familiarity with commercial interior architecture and/or design firms preferred.
IA is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are unable to submit your resume online or are limited in your ability to do so as a result of a disability, please contact Human Resources at 415.434.3305 to request a reasonable accommodation.