This position reports to the Controller and is responsible for journal vouchers, transaction posting, account review, month-end accruals and account analysis. Duties will also include governmental reports, royalty calculations and other accounting functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Prepare journal entries with required support documentation and input into general ledger
- Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations in accordance within Corporate/SOX guidelines
- Ability to troubleshoot problems fully and provide proposals for improving processes
- Must be detail oriented
- Research variances completely
- Frequent site visits with local operations staff
- Ad hoc assignments as assigned
- Travel as necessary to the Carlsbad, NM location—anticipated travel up to 25%
B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration required. One to three years’ experience, mining or manufacturing experience preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing .
- Proficient in Excel and Word (Access would be a plus)
- Good communication, analytical and data processing skills.
Intrepid Potash - 2 years ago