Under moderate supervision as part of the accounting team, perform ongoing daily and monthly responsibilities, including revenue recognition work, forecasting and balance sheet reconciliations, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Review and analyze customer contracts to ensure compliance with complex revenue recognition accounting standards, develop and maintain related revenue recognition accounting policies, internal control procedures and reporting requirements. Perform routine daily and monthly responsibilities including reconciliation and forecasting work.
- Develop standardized procedures for the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations across various sections, including cash & bank, deferred revenue and prepayments.
- Review and interpret contracts and assess revenue accounting implications in accordance with revenue recognition accounting standards, interpretations and regulations. Assist other departments in resolving revenue recognition accounting entries through research, determining the best approach to resolution, and communicating effectively with the relevant parties.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly accounting analyses over complex revenue recognition areas, including multiple element arrangements with Vendor Specific Objective Evidence (VSOE) considerations.
- Implement and perform routine checks and balances on revenue recognition, to ensure an efficient process for ensuring revenue is recognized in the correct general ledger accounts and periods. Communicate effectively with relevant parties to ensure accurate recording of transactions. Process detailed revenue based journal entries.
- Performs financial analyses to summarize current and projected company financial position. Monitors and develops monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects. Prepare monthly forecasting reports
- Accurately perform various other monthly, quarterly, and annual contract reviews and financial analyses.
- Maintain supporting files and accounting documentation and perform other special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Technical accounting based knowledge and expertise of GAAP accounting principles.
- Research, analytical and communication skills including the ability to analyze complex accounting based information and formulate decisions/recommendations as to correct accounting treatment.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control concepts.
- Knowledge or ability to use large computerized accounting and reporting systems (ie Peoplesoft) and proficiency in MS Office, particularly regarding spreadsheet work in MS Excel.
- Able to accurately apply company policies and procedures.
- Developing professional expertise. Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices. Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic math, accounting, and finance principles. Able to type accurately and efficiently, including 10-key.
- Able to work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Jack Henry - 10 months ago
Jack Henry & Associates (JHA) provides integrated in-house and outsourced software systems for data processing to some 12,000 banks,...