Notice is hereby given of the following employment opportunity in Caledonia Community Schools. Internal/external interested candidates who are qualified may apply for this position.
12 December 2013
Central Office Support Staff
The Accountant performs accurate and timely preparation of financial statements. Maintains annual budgets and is responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections and invoicing. Creates journal entries, reconciles monthly bank statements Routinely communicates with and provides information as requested by the Finance Director or other members of the District Administrative Team to maintain control and accountability of district budgets.
- 52 Week Position
- Per Central Office Support Staff Group Contract
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Reviews procedures and prepares internal audit reports in compliance with State and local policy.
- Assists in cost effective policies.
- Processes invoices, maintains the purchase order system and ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Assists in coordinating an annual independent audit of the financial operations, procedures and policies.
- Ensures the general ledger is maintained accurately for final reporting purposes.
- Prepares detailed payroll budgeting schedules to assist management in their budgeting goals and staffing needs.
- Develop and maintain long and short-range goals for the Business and Payroll Departments at the direction of the Finance Director.
- Assists in preparations and schedules for the annual financial audit.
- Monitors State and Federal grants to ensure funds are being spent within the guidelines of the grant contract.
- Creates journal entries, generates and reconciles monthly bank statement.
- Prepares monthly accounting reports and generates financial reports to provide information on account expenditures and revenues.
- Duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
EDUCATION: This position requires knowledge equivalent to that, which normally would be acquired through the completion of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one to three years of progressively more responsible or expansive experience in a public education setting.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, OR REGISTRATIONS: None Required
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining accounting spreadsheets and utilizing accounting software packages.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting programs.
- Ability to review and interpret financial data.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and financial reports.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the District.
- Knowledge of School software systems.
- Experience working in a school district
- Knowledge of insurance programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus, especially due to concentration on a computer screen and small numbers.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Posting End Date: When Filled
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Caledonia Community Schools is an equal opportunity educational institution. It is our expressed policy that no person shall be unlawfully excluded from participation, be denied benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, sex, age, or handicap/disability in it's activities or programs as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504. Any person believing that the Caledonia Community Schools or any part of the school organization has inadequately applied the principles and/or regulations of (1) Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972, (2) Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, (3) the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and (4) Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 may bring forward a complaint, which shall be referred as a grievance.
Kent Consortium - 7 months ago
The Kent Guidance Consortium is the government funded Information, Advice and Guidance Partnership for Kent & Medway.
We are a...