Position may be filled as an Associate Accountant or Accountant, depending on the qualifications, skill sets and experience of the successful candidate.
- Maintain and analyze property records used in SEC, FERC, and other governmental reporting. Analyze current and historical property records in support of regulatory reporting, rate filings, litigation, and special studies. These tasks will all apply to SFPP, CalNev Pipeline, and West Coast Terminals, except regulatory support will not apply to West Coast Terminals. Provide wide range of general ledger analysis for management reports, audit support, and account reconciliation.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform initial accounting review and approval of proposed capital projects. This function requires thorough understanding of the KMEP capitalization policy, as well as working knowledge of FERC and GAAP property accounting rules and regulations.
- Provide accounting related guidance and assistance to KMEP project managers from AFE inception thru project closing. This will include AFE setup, capital versus expense determination, general ledger and activity code selection, project closing, etc.
- Maintain the regulatory asset database from CalNev and SFPP to ensure timely and accurate regulatory and management reporting. Each database will also be analyzed and reconciled to the General Ledger on a quarterly basis.
- General policies and procedures will be developed with assistance from the Regulatory Analysis department.
- Complete records and supporting work papers must be maintained to support all calculations that may be subject to future litigation.
- Assist as required in the preparation of the property sections of SFPP and CalNev’s FERC Form 6. This requires working knowledge of asset additions, replacements, and retirements as recorded in the general ledger.
- Respond to customer, management, and auditor inquiries regarding quantities and types of services invoiced, and explain variances between quarters, years, and plan.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for select asset and liability accounts.
- Monitor activity within each account to identify and resolve discrepancies and process corrections so that the information is accurate, complete and consistent.
- Prepare and retain supporting documentation for items comprising the balance in each account.
- Prepare journal entries to record or correct information as required. All journal entries will be approved by a manager.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the general public.
Experience / Specific Knowledge:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent professional experience.
Certification, licenses, registrations:
- Experience with FERC and GAAP property accounting rules and regulations, variance analysis and reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Working knowledge of accounting applications and inventory control.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver's license are required.
- If the employee is subject to license or certification requirements or training as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies or the Company, now or in the future, compliance is required under this job description.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be accountable and take direction from Managers; keep required work schedules, which include regular and predictable job attendance; focus attention on details; follow work rules.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Employee must be physically capable of completing and satisfying all training requirements as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies and/or Company Policy.
- Overtime required and extended work hours in cases of emergencies.
- May be required to work alone (unsupervised).
- Majority of the work will be conducted from an office environment. Extended periods of sitting may be required for administrative activities.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 5% of the time, primarily for training purposes.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirement; not required but advantageous in this position:
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED. THIS POSITION MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- Experience of two to five years in regulated energy company revenue accounting inventory control, knowledge of revenue/billing systems of Lawson.
- Knowledge of pipeline operations.
Kinder Morgan - 13 months ago
- 10 days ago
Accountant - Revenue
SCAN Health Plan
Long Beach, CA
SCAN Health Plan
- 3 hours ago
Newport Beach, CA
- 1 day ago
Easily apply to this job
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited part...