Perform all duties required to effectively establish and monitor complex standard manufacturing costs
Create and maintain SKU level standard costs in accordance with corporate policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
Collaborate with manufacturing personnel on structure and validity of BOM and routing data. Collect and study data to determine costs of business activities.
Assist in the analysis of financial data and assess relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of applying past financial performance to future standards.
Develop financial reports from various accounting and information systems (specifically SAP, E1 and EDW ) for forecasting, trending, and results analysis. Validate accuracy of the financial results.
Provide support as required for cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
Reconcile ending inventory balances on monthly basis.
Manage the excess and obsolete inventory reserves based on guidance from corporate policy.
Actively participate and provide leadership in various projects to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the plant related to the standard costs of individual SKUs.
Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to format data and assemble reports.
Participate in annual standard cost roll and margin move analsyis.
Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of company employees. Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Requires a functional knowledge of manufacturing and cost accounting.
- Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm (ambiguity), involving a moderate degree of complexity.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Self-Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and and ability to perform as a team player.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent education and experience are required. Excellent opportunity for professional seeking career tracks in Finance and/or Operations.
Requires zero to four years of relevant experience or course work (including internships and projects) in accounting. Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint a must. Experience in Cognos, Hyperion, SAP or E1 and an understanding of working in a matrixed organization a plus.
Works in an office environment. Some traveling may be required (< 5%).
Has contact with all levels of company employees.
Life Technologies is a global biotechnology tools company providing premier systems, consumables, and services for scientific researchers...