Position posted in anticipation of future growth.
The Accountant reports to the Accounting Services Manager. This position will perform the day to day activities associated with accounting for a number of hotels, such as end-of-month general ledger posting and closing activities; P&L statement preparation; monthly accruals; governmental and tax reports.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting/Finance
* Three to five years management experience in Hospitality Accounting operations including preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasting, and operational analysis
* Knowledge of multi-state sales and use tax preparation
* Knowledge of financial accounting systems (Epicor systems helpful)
* Strong computer skills and ability to learn and use applications
* Knowledge of bank reconciliation applications (ReconNET helpful)
* Excellent client service skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
* Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
* Ability to maintain confidentially is mandatory
* Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately
* Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
* Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
* Extensive knowledge of computer based front and back of house hospitality systems
* Proficient in Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Access software applications
* Ability to compile, analyze, and utilize complicated and integrated spread sheets
* Ability to meet deadlines and execute on commitments
* Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels - 23 months ago
Loews Hotels, Inc. was founded in 1946 and continues to own and operate hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in...