Position posted in anticipation of future growth.
The Accountant reports to the Accounting Services Manager. This position will perform the day to day activities associated with accounting for a number of hotels, such as end-of-month general ledger posting and closing activities; P&L statement preparation; monthly accruals; governmental and tax reports.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting/Finance
* Three to five years management experience in Hospitality Accounting operations including preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasting, and operational analysis
* Knowledge of multi-state sales and use tax preparation
* Knowledge of financial accounting systems (Epicor systems helpful)
* Strong computer skills and ability to learn and use applications
* Knowledge of bank reconciliation applications (ReconNET helpful)
* Excellent client service skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
* Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment
* Ability to maintain confidentially is mandatory
* Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately
* Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
* Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
* Extensive knowledge of computer based front and back of house hospitality systems
* Proficient in Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Access software applications
* Ability to compile, analyze, and utilize complicated and integrated spread sheets
* Ability to meet deadlines and execute on commitments
* Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels, Inc. was founded in 1946 and continues to own and operate hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Headquartered in...