Under general direction, maintains general ledger, prepares journal entries and financial reconciliations, completes miscellaneous invoicing and maintains comparative analysis data. Acts as back-up payroll personnel, assisting with processing as required and other accounting functions as assigned. Ensures all actions taken in carrying out responsibilities support patient centered care.
• Prepares general ledger account reconciliations
• Prepares journal entries and maintains the general ledger
• Prepares the Foundation financial statements and investment reporting information
• Prepares requested information for annual audit and tax forms
• Maintains comparative analysis data and provides analysis
• Prepares and maintains miscellaneous invoicing; reconciles related accounts receivable
• Supports Payroll Coordinator by assisting with payroll processing as required; includes adjusting time/attendance; prepare authorized manual checks; processes garnishments; resolves employee questions; maintains competencies to perform full payroll process as needed
• Assists with fixed asset ledger
• Assists with data collection for cost reports
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Treats coworkers, customers and patients with respect and dignity and demonstrates PRIDE values in all interactions
• Adheres to medical center and departmental policies and procedures
• Attends and participates in communication in department/unit meetings
• Utilizes all three key principles in communication: maintain or enhance self-esteem, listen and respond with empathy, and ask for help in solving the problem
• Utilizes the PRIDE program to recognize coworker’s achievement of the medical center values
• Participates in Annual Employee Opinion Survey and action planning process in response to results
• Maintains regular and reliable attendance
Required Qualifications (Including any licensure, certification, education):
• Graduation from an accredited four year college or university in a business related field
• Four year degree in accounting.
• Two years of experience in hospital (or medical related facility) accounting, finance or decision support
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• Ability to analyze, interpret and prepare financial documents and recommendations
• Knowledge of accounting principles and terms.
• Ability to analyze accounts, make adjusting entries and prepare accounting statements and reports.
• Ability to maintain effective professional working relationships with administrative officials, associates and others concerned with hospital finance
• Provides excellent customer service
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Possesses strong personal computer skills and the internet
• A team player
Mary Greeley Medical Center - 14 months ago