Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We’re looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the “Most Admired Companies” in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Accountant position within the Accounting Services Department responsible for supporting all financial aspects of Medco’s Insurance Companies including Medicare Part D product offerings. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, analyze business needs and assist in communicating results to management, and will ensure completion of the most complex routine tasks and moderately complex non-routine tasks in a timely and efficient manner. This position will assist the Manager with the monthly closing process and preparation of the reporting packages. This position will be responsible for working closely with the Statutory reporting group providing required schedules and assistance in a timely manner. This position will also participate in supporting completion of annual insurance company audits (including Sarbanes audits). Additionally, this position will assist management with departmental objectives, ensure proper internal controls and optimize efficiencies. This position will also have a significant impact on attaining Finance’s annual objectives related to Insurance/Medicare Part D. This individual must exhibit the ability prioritize multiple projects and is expected to effectively communicate suggested solutions. This individual must also be able to effectively communicate with internal and external suppliers, customers and auditors.
• Assisting in preparing and reviewing monthly journal entries
• Responsible for quarterly and year-end statutory reporting in conjunction with various requests from individual states.
• Work closely with various departments during monthly closing
• Work closely with internal and external auditors
• Exercise independent accounting judgment
• Review monthly account analysis
• BS in Accounting or other Finance field
• CPA a plus
• Knowledgeable of accounting principles as it may impact the company
• Be able to effectively communicate issues to Sr. Manager
• 2 to 4 years of accounting experience
• Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of JD Edwards’s or Oracle a Plus
• Must be able to effectively manage deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Administering some 700 million prescriptions each year, Medco Health Solutions knew its meds. The company was a top US pharmacy benefits...