Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims and Automotive Collision Repair industries. Founded in 1946, Mitchell has delivered advanced information and technology solutions to over 100,000 customers throughout North America, helping them to improve their business process performance. The company's comprehensive solution portfolio streamlines the entire auto physical damage, bodily injury and workers' compensation claims processes.
Mitchell was recently named by the San Diego Business Journal as the No. 1 Software Company in San Diego, based on the number of full-time employees, which is approaching the 1,500 milestone. The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including outstanding career growth opportunities and has been recognized as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in San Diego.
Mitchell is seeking an experienced Accountant to join their fast growing team. As an Accountant you are responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the month-end close process
- Reconciles various balance sheet accounts and follows up on unexpected or aged activity
- Prepares necessary journal entries to properly state general ledger balances.
- Creates miscellaneous reports as requested by others within the organization
- Bank reconciliation preparation
- Assist in the development and documentation of key processes and controls
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist with providing support and data for tax compliance
- Perform ad-hoc audit procedures of account activities
- Participates in special projects and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures
- Maintains open lines of communication with stakeholders inside and outside Finance department
- Uses estimates at times when incomplete information exists
- Carries out responsibilities in a timely matter and adheres to deadlines
- Escalates appropriately when needed and follows established policies and procedures
- Provide assistance with the annual audit by external auditors
- Fixed Asset management including tracking of internal projects, capitalization of labor and related reporting
- Upload contract labor bills and expense reimbursements and other misc. bills into AP module
- Prepare and maintain month end corporate allocations
Education and Certifications:
- 1-3 years of professional accounting experience with progressive responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, must have a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- CPA candidate with large public accounting firm background and ERP system experience strongly preferred
Written Abilities: Proficient grammar, sentence structure and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Self-directed and willing to seek, act on, and evaluate new ideas and solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel data manipulation
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our work force and the knowledge of our people.