The Accounting and Financial Services organization is responsible for all facets of financial reporting for the National Security Agency. We currently have a need for accountants; specifically those specializing in the area of property accounting, to assist the agency in reaching its goal of auditability. If you have a desire to assist the National Security Agency as we undergo our first financial statement audit and help work to shape our accounting processes and practices, then this is the place for you!
Selected individuals will be instrumental in developing, administering, and remediating our property, inventory, and project cost accounting work streams, using the PeopleSoft financial system. Accountants at NSA are responsible for ensuring that financial transactions, including the evaluation of all general property, plant, and equipments costs, are reported in accordance with federal statutes, DoD, ODNI and OMB policies and regulations, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other external directives, standards, and practices.
Candidates must possess:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, economics, public administration or computer science that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. Advanced degrees in these fields are desirable as are professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), and Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM).
- The ability to apply accounting and financial concepts, principles, and standards, coupled with IT savviness, to effectively develop, operate, and maintain financial programs and systems.
- The ability to work independently on multiple interrelated projects, using initiative, ingenuity and judgment to meet established milestones.
- The ability to apply various cost accounting and cost management techniques including standard costing with variance analysis, activity-based costing, project costing, capital planning, target costing, and value stream costing.
- Effective communication skills (orally and written) to work with individuals at various levels in presenting ideas, findings, and recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience in the management and implementation of internal control, audit follow-up, and validation programs.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Salary range: $42,631 to $116,901
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button located at the top or bottom of this page. After completing the application and clicking the `Submit Final' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Emails regarding your application status will be sent periodically. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from email@example.com.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
NSA employs the U.S.'s premier codemakers and codebreakers. It is said to be the largest employer of mathematicians in the United States and...