Under general direction, responsible for performing a variety of accounting, and analytical duties in support of the Accounting Operations team within the Finance department . Works to understand and optimize processes in conformity to rigorous standards for accuracy and timeliness required. Must demonstrate the ability to research, resolve and communicate issues proactively. |
• Intermediate knowledge of accounting functions and related concepts
• Ability to work independently and as a team member where the accuracy and timeliness of data are critical
• Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail and thorough documentation
• Problem solving skills/process oriented
• Takes initiative in completing tasks accurately and timely
• Exposure/Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger or any other module is a plus
1. Responsible for ensuring the accounting for Trust, Investment and Other Servicing Fees are accurate for both legal entity reporting and management reporting
2. Actively participate in the month end Close cycle to ensure Trust, Investment and accounting for other Servicing Fees are recorded accurately and timely in a standardized, controlled environment for both legal and management books
3. Responsible for recording and reviewing Trust, Investment and Other Servicing Fee accruals to recognize revenue that has been earned, but not billed.
4. Responsible for allocating Fee revenue to Business Unit segments
5. Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations and resolve exceptions/differences in conformity with Corporate Policy
6. Perform various analytical duties to explain and communicate concisely the fluctuations in Trust, Investment and Other Servicing Fees and the impact on the financial position and operating results of the organization.
7. Research and resolve complex accounting transactions and reporting issues, where some expertise is required to interpret policies, guidelines and/or processes.
8. Maintain an effective working relationship with both our external and internal audit teams.
9. Actively participate in establishing a robust control environment, including understanding and adherence to all controls and audit points related to Fee accounting.
10. Champion strategic initiatives to enhance performance and productivity
• Undergraduate degree in accounting field is preferred
• 5-7 years of accounting experience
• CPA certification is a plus
• Fluent in Microsoft Office suite
Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS) is a global leader in delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary...