SUMMARY: Apply principles of GAAP and non-profit accounting to analyze financial information and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports by compiling information, preparing profit and loss statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
About On Lok
On Lok is a well-established and respected non-profit health care and social services organization celebrating 40 years of success and growth in serving frail seniors who wish to remain in their homes and communities as the age. On Lok pioneered the internationally renowned PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) model and is a national leader in promoting innovation and change in serving older adults.
On Lok values and appreciates its team of over 700 staff located in San Francisco, Fremont and San Jose. On Lok Lifeways is a known innovator in health care and is a 2009 recipient of the American Hospital Association's distinguished Justin Ford Kimball Innovators Award. http://www.aha.org/aha/press-release/2009/090427-pr-onlokinnov.html .
- Compile and input financial data to GL accounts on Solomon or other systems, and document business transactions.
- Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations for monthly general ledger close with other accountants
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Prepare financial statements and complete monthly closings for internal reporting by deadline.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Review and input financial data into Solomon, FRX or other systems as appropriate.
- Analyze and document revenue and expenditure variances & trends monthly/ quarterly / annually for Corporation.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial compliance reporting for submission to designated agency.
- Compilation of schedules to be used by external auditors in their year-end audits
- Recommend and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
For immediate consideration please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.onlok.org.
- 3 or more years of accounting / bookkeeping/ analytical experience and possess a BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Working knowledge of Solomon, FRX, and Worthit and other systems as required or as appropriate
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to implement department and company guidelines.
- Ability to explain and document variances for Corp on a monthly / quarterly and annual basis.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, assignments, projects, manage time and complete all tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Must be able to work well under pressure, independently and with little supervision.
- Have excellent data entry speed and accuracy with a 10-key calculator / computer keyboard by touch; computer skills with spreadsheet skills at an Intermediate Excel level and Solomon or other system.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and ability to work cooperatively with co-workers to handle and resolve issues that arise with peers, other depts and the public.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state financial regulations.
- Work may require occasional weekend and evening hours to complete assignments by deadline.
On Lok - 15 months ago