Maintain or oversee the maintenance of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. Review and verify accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Will assist in the preparation income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements, and other accounting statements and reports. May assist in the design, modification, and/or maintenance of general accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities, and financial statements.
Prepare monthly billings to customers on FFP, T&M, and Cost- Type contracts
- Preparation of more complex worksheets and analysis of financial data. -Assist in preparation of internal and external financial reporting. -Data entry into accounting and finance systems -Perform related duties as assigned.
- Post and reconcile monthly cash receipts from corporate office
- Work with contracts to perform contract close-out activities
- Analyze and reconcile the various components of unbilled receivables
- Responsible for various accounting functions including preparing monthly adjusting journal entries
- Assist with cash forecasting activities
- Work with internal audit and DCAA as needed in support of accounts receivable audits
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
BS Two years of related experience is required.
This position requires experience in the government contracting environment, including broad knowledge of and prior experience with government contract billing
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and as a part of a team
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks
Orbital Sciences maintains that what goes up doesn't have to come down -- at least not for a long time. The company...