Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Accountant – Watkins About OricaOrica is a great place to work. We have strong values and do not rest on past successes. We always strive to do better. We value our people and have a proud tradition of leadership, innovation, quality and safety. Orica is a truly global company with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people that originate from more than 130 nationalities.Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems, delivering innovative solutions to the open cut and underground mining, quarry, civil construction, tunnelling and oil and gas markets.The role
Orica is seeking an Accountant for its Watkins location.We’re seeking the right professional to join this team to participate in the financial accounting process across over 29 entities in Canada, the United States and Mexico, including wholly owned, majority owned and joint venture entities.The ideal candidate will be part of the GL Accounting Group and will focus on completing the monthly reporting in a timely manner.The Accountant will:
- Report directly to the North America Accounting Manager and work closely with Staff Accountants.
- Focus on General Ledger Accounting and month end close.
- Maintain general ledger accuracy by producing, reviewing and posting appropriate journal entries and performing and approving balance sheet reconciliations.
- Contribute to biannual and annual reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance to Orica standards through Letter of Assurance questionnaire, controllership/self-assessment reporting and will provide assistance with internal audits including implementation of recommendations.
- Develop close working relationships with commercial and plant finance teams to ensure consistent application of accounting rules.
Experience & Qualifications Required
What We Offer To ensure that we attract and retain the best people we offer:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years public accounting or financial experience
- Strong accounting and internal control skills
- Understanding of corporate systems
- Fluent in English and Spanish is highly preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritize various ongoing daily tasks and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
How To Apply
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages
To apply, click on the link below to apply online and email your resume directly to Dani Willis at Dani.willis@Orica.com.
https://orica.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/1830To view more Orica vacancies, we invite you to visit the Orica careers page.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
Orica USA - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard