The Accountant is responsible for working closely with the Assistant Controller to ensure all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Regulatory Accounting Principles and Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations. This position reconciles general ledger accounts, prepares journal entries, and posts intercompany transactions. The Accountant is also responsible for complying with the Bank’s established internal control over financial reporting (“ICFR”) program, without exception.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Other duties may be assigned
- Upholds the highest level of ethical behavior and business conduct.
- Keeps abreast of the ever changing accounting, business, economic, financial, legal, and regulatory environments through training, literature, and other means.
- Carries-out the long- and short-range Accounting Department goals as directed by the Assistant Controller and the Controller.
- Processes transactions in accordance with related GAAP, SEC requirements and applicable Banking laws and regulations,
- Assists in maintaining the overall integrity and accuracy of the accounting system.
- Promptly reports any identified material errors or suspicious activity to the Assistant Controller, Controller, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer, Director of Internal Audit, Audit Committee Chairperson, and / or the Bank’s external auditor.
- Prepares and records journal entries for daily and monthend transactions.
- Assists in daily cash management activities, which includes assisting with inputing and verifying wire transfers.
- Reconciling of various bank accounts / statements, other general ledger asset/liability accounts, and transactions posted by other departments.
- Prepares daily liquidity report and FR 2900 Report.
- Serves as primary back-up for the Accounts Payable function.
- Responsible for adhering to and complying with all Bank policies and Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
Education and/or Experience:
Degree preferred, but not required depending on the number of years of accounting experience. Must pass an accounting test.
Working knowledge of GAAP and Federal Regulations as they apply to banking.
Minimum one year experience in an accounting related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Proficient organizational, time management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills; including among other things, the ability to:
Develop and sustain professional working relationships with Department Management and Bank employees as well as with clients and other external groups.
Maintain the confidentiality of Bank-, employee- and customer-sensitive information.
Demonstrate continued flexibility to adapt to changes in the work environment and exhibit a consistent professional appearance.
Proficient written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate professionally and effectively in writing, in person, and over the phone.
Proficient analytical skills; ability to collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and offer realistic solutions.
Proficient computer skills; ability to effectively use word processing software, spreadsheet software, e-mail, and the internet.
Education Level Required: All
Pacific Premier Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the recruiter.
You may or may not receive a response to your inquiry by email, mail or fax depending on the number of job openings, volume of inquiries, and your qualifications.
Contact / Apply
Pacific Premier Bank - Human Resources
17901 Von Karman Ave, Suite 1200
Irvine, CA 92614
Pacific Premier Bank - 21 months ago