Accountant – |
Are you ready to work on world changing technologies?
The technology industry is at the cusp of a once-in-a-generation transition; one that will fundamentally change the way businesses operates and innovate in our increasingly mobile, cloud-based and connected world.
At Pivotal we see and create what’s possible.
Drawing on our heritage in Big Data, open source, and application development, Pivotal is building a new class of applications – leveraging big and fast data – and doing all of this with the power and flexibility of cloud independence. If you are passionate about solving hard problems, enjoy working with world-class people and developing cutting edge technology, you should explore a career with Pivotal.
Pivotal is a new and privately-held company with backing from EMC, VMware and GE. Pivotal unites strategic technologies, people, and programs to meet the demands of this next technology wave. We offer competitive benefits and compensation (including equity in a high growth market), and many extras that create a rewarding work experience.
Become part of the Finance team at Pivotal as an Accountant specializing in revenue accounting. This role will be responsible for accounting, maintenance, and reporting of deferred revenue for the entire company, which is crucial in the management of a fast growing subscription business. This position will report into the accounting manager and result in frequent interactions with the Controller, manager of revenue recognition, head of sales finance and create exposure to the CFO and other key members of finance. The role requires the analytical skills necessary to be part of a complex organization with evolving needs. Knowledge of accounting coupled with strong problem solving skills is crucial for success in this hands-on-role. Complex systems also demand effective communication across many functions and organizations within the EMC Federation. This role commands the ability to work under pressure and with urgency, while also demonstrating the ability to work independently and with several team members. Success in this role will lead to development and growth opportunities as Pivotal grows.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain combination of accounting systems and subledgers as needed
- Record monthly and quarterly revenue-related journal entries
- Reconciliation of various general ledger deferred revenue accounts
- Participate in monthly closing of books
- Develop and enhance accounting processes and reporting
- Creation and maintenance of deferred revenue reporting schedules
- Analysis and research of reporting revenue figures as needed
- Assist in creation of financial statements
- Weekly revenue reporting for use in management dashboards
- Provide support for specific projects as needed
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience with SAP and/or Oracle
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence or similar systems
- Ability to liaise with multiple organizations and departments
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Analytical ability
- Problem solving skills
- Cross-functional skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask while demonstrating a sense of urgency
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Strong written communication skills
- 2-3 years accounting experience
- Proficient with MS Office applications, most notable Excel
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Pivotal - 5 months ago
Pivotal Payments is an independent payment processing provider, offering a full range of merchant services to small, medium and large-sized...