As a key member of the Finance Team, this position reports to the Controller and works with other members of the department in administering all aspects of the accounting functions including cash management, banking transactions, maintaining the general ledger, administrating the 401k and employee stock ownership plans, fixed asset accounting, month end journal entries and preparation of the monthly financial statements. Oversees the preparation and evaluaton of budget and other operating reports, and presents findings and recommendations to the Controller and CFO.
*Demonstrates the ability to plan, develop, and execute detailed accounting functions
* Assists in the preparation and analysis of the month financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards (GAAP) and company policies and procedures
* Compiles and distributes the monthly financial statement package including balance sheet, profit and loss, statement of cash flow, graphs, and other schedules
* Oversees daily cash management, including the transfer of cash between bank accounts in a manner that efficiently utilizes cash
* Reconciles balance sheet accounts and record entries on a monthly basis
* Prepares routine financial reports and ad-hoc reports for operational review and decision making
* Prepares information for worker’s compensation and general liability audit
* Prepares quarterly and annual payroll tax reports
* Performs the accounting for all fixed asset transactions including: additions, disposals, depreciation, etc.
* Administers the 401k plan in a manner that provides excellent customer service to Progressive employees
* Maintains effective internal controls and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
* Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
* Reviews all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
* Performs other duties, projects, and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Requirements - Education
Minimum Requirements - Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required
One to three years of accounting experience
High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and Access
Strong desire to learn fully-integrated, project-based ERP system
Minimum Requirements - Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player who is committed to lifelong learning
Detailed orientated with excellent analytical skills
Responsible and proactive, with evidence of having worked in a team orientated environment
Experience with Deltek software is a plus
We specialize in design thinking. Design thinking excels at creating an unusually complete harmony between nature and architecture. We...