The Accountant will be solely responsible for all accounting and finance duties on a daily and monthly basis, including the general ledger activities across all financial reporting process cycles, such as recurring A/R, A/P, treasury, CAPEX and other accounting entries, the preparation of monthly reconciliation, consolidations, financial statements, journal entries and will participate in the month-end and year-end close processes. The Accountant will at times complete special projects as assigned by the group Controller and management. The candidate must have prior experience in a manufacturing environment, dealing with WIP, inventoried parts, equipment leases, capital equipment allocation, including cost accounting, finished goods inventory management, sales & use tax filings, month-end closing, General Ledger analysis, bank and account reconciliation and financial statement preparation. A prior experience with an early-stage company and international transfer pricing arrangements is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will be a highly self-motivated professional with the ability to own to process from start to finish and will be proactive about the challenges that a dynamic and young company may offer. Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise is required. The Accountant at RF Biocidics is a direct report to the group Controller.
- Work with parent company finance operations to apply group accounting systems and standards as well as maintain sound financial controls. Support monthly, quarterly and year-end closings;
- Maintain balanced general ledger accounts;
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations;
- Maintain monthly closing calendar and schedule. Prepare and post journal entries into system;
- Maintain and reconcile perpetual record of inventory and equipment;
- Maintain and track inventory valuations. Calculations of cost of goods sold, setting of annual standard cost factors and tracking of actual vs. standard cost variances. Provide analysis to management.
- Oversee A/P and A/R accounting transactions – as well as enforce collection from past due A/R;
- Monitor cash balance, online payments, and miscellaneous receipts. Reconcile all receipts activity to daily and monthly bank records. Process bank deposits, wires, cut checks and perform all other treasury functions of the company;
- Process timely and accurately recurring payroll for hourly and salaried staff with third party service provider; record in the general ledger accordingly;
- Work directly with foreign subsidiary. Ensure consistent and proper accounting treatment between entities;
- Apply transfer pricing policies and analyze and resolve any issues;
- Manage state and local tax payments, as well as sales tax reporting and payment;
- Ensure all activities including tax filings comply with international, federal, state, and local legal and tax requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions;Assist with month end close and financial statement preparation of the group accounts;
- Maintain integrity between company operating systems and accounting system;
- Liaise with outside US and international CPA and tax accountant for standard periodic filings;
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, advanced degree and/or CPA preferred;
- 4+ years of related experience with experience in manufacturing environment and solid understanding of cost accounting, WIP and inventory management. A prior experience with an early-stage company is a plus;
- Knowledge of foreign subsidiary, consolidation and transfer pricing issues;
- Experience in QuickBooks Enterprise system;
- Experience with Fishbowl MRP system preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access; technologically savvy in general;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a complex, dynamic and challenging work environment where high performance is expected, valued and rewarded
RF Biocidics is developing and commercializing technology that helps disinfect and disinfest pests and pathogens from agricultural food and non-food commodities, both on the surface and interior without chemical pesticides or dangerous radiation. This novel disinfectant and disinfestation technology has a broad range of potential applications, including food safety, agriculture, import/export compliance, wood and waste water treatment.
Indeed - 19 months ago
RF Biocidics Inc. is a fast-growing company providing an environmentally friendly, chemical-free alternative for disinfection...