Reporting to the Comptroller, the Accountant will assist the
Comptroller in managing the Queens College Foundation (QCF) financial
accounts and the day to day activities.
The Accountant will maintain the general books of accounts including
reviewing cash, checks and credit card deposits, reviewing processing
of accounts payable transactions, reviewing general ledger entries
including adjustments and closings before posting to the accounting
system. In addition, the Accountant will prepare monthly bank and
credit card reconciliations.
The Accountant responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to different departments in managing their QCF
accounts. Responding to requests and inquiries in a timely manner
- Assisting in reviewing financial and investment schedules.
- Assisting in developing and analyzing operational budgets and
- Assisting in planning and organizing annual audits
- Assisting in developing and implementing new and improved financial
plans, policies and procedures
- Assisting in taking minutes on committee meetings
- Performing work on special projects and other related duties as
Salary: $45,000 - $52,000
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance and a minimum
of four (4) years experience in accounting, auditing or finance required.
The successful candidate must have a strong oral and written
communication skills, possess excellent analytical skills including
attention to details and numbers, ability to develop and design
financial reports and have working knowledge of GAAP principles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with MIP, Financial Edge or related nonprofit accounting
- Ability to multi-task, establish work plans, organized, and detail
- Ability to set priorities in a timely and efficient manner and work
as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible self-starter with the ability to take initiative, resolve
problems diplomatically and discretely, and work effectively, both
independently and cooperatively
- Willingness to learn and improve professional and technical skills