SUMMARY: The Accountant position is mainly responsible for accounting daily inventory, prepayments, fixed assets, intercompany and online transactions.
- Ability to multi‑task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to independently navigate areas of unfamiliarity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Strong Excel and other computer skills.
- Independent worker (i.e., takes initiative and works well with little supervision).
- Efficient and productive.
- Knowledge of the entertainment software industry (not required, but a plus) .
- Great Plains Dynamics experience (not required, but a plus).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and records all inventory transactions in the sub-ledger and general ledger
- Reconciles inventory balances against report from third-party warehouse
- Coordinates with Sales Department for any discrepancies in inventory quantity and costing.
- Ensures inventory cost is updated in the accounting software
- Analyzes reasonableness of inventory cost
- Assists in recording online game transactions (including processing/investigation of charge backs and other customer claims)
- Assists in preparing reports related to online gaming business activity, including related inter-company schedules
- Manages and prepares journal entries for fixed assets and prepayments
- Manages and prepares journal entries for intercompany transactions
- Assists in monthly and quarterly closings by preparing schedules or compiling information using data from accounting software.
- Other related duties as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from Accounting/Finance from four-year college or university; or 2-4 years related experience/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to present numerical data effectively
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to remain focused in a driven, high pressure, team-oriented environment
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheet software; Great Plains accounting software; Inventory and Database software
SQUARE ENIX - 12 months ago
Square Enix squares off pretty well in the fight to be the top gamer in Japan. The company is a leading developer of video games for...