Flexpipe Systems (a ShawCor company) manufactures and sells spoolable composite pipe used primarily by oil and natural gas producers in applications which benefit from the product’s pressure and corrosion resistance capabilities. Flexpipe’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in Calgary, Alberta with additional sales, service and distribution facilities in Northern Alberta, Saskatchewan, Colorado, Texas, California, and Oklahoma. Flexpipe and ShawCor Ltd. is a highly successful global energy services company, leading its competitors in all market segments and financially positioned to continue its growth and success well into the future.
At Flexpipe we have built a true team environment where all employees are empowered to contribute to the success of the company. Through our values of collaboration, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, we have the highest regard for the safety and wellness of our people. Flexpipe is a global organization and provides a Total Rewards packing that includes a competitive salary, benefits, matching RRSP/401K, bonus, and training & development.
We want you to join our team!
The Accountant will work with the accounting team to perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations, and book journal entries to ensure Corporate-related business transactions are properly recorded.
• Maintenance of general ledger accounts and monthly reconciliation of pre-paid accruals
• Performing month end reporting in a multi-site environment
• Best in Class, GM Analysis, Variance Analysis
• Assist in the annual budget preparation and reporting
• Maintenance and analysis of product pricing
• Implementation and maintenance of efficient procedural controls in accordance with Bill 198
• Preparation of year end working papers including audit file preparation for all balance sheet accounts
• Design, implement and document process improvement plans
Required Qualifications and Competencies for the Position:
• Willingness to take initiative and an openness to new challenges
• Strong attention to detail while maintaining a focus on efficiency
• Thorough knowledge of IFRS
• Excellent analytical skills
• Accountant degree-CPA preferred
• Ability to work and perform in a team environment
• Excellent Excel skills
• Experience working in a fast pace environment
• Experience working with an ERP System (IFS)
• Strong work ethic, proactive, self-motivated, and adaptable
We thank all applicants for their interest; however we cannot accept telephone calls regarding this position. All recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System and you must apply via the link below or the posting on our career page at www.shawcor.com/careers to be considered for this opportunity.