Financial firm looking to fill an accounting position with an experienced individual. Applicants experienced with audited financial statement preparation, internal controls, and CPA’s preferred. Position requires obtaining Series 24 and 27 registrations upon hire.
Full time no travel required. Applicant must have a 4 year degree and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Responsible for daily accounting functions
- General ledger
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Fixed assets
- Commissions to affiliates
- Deposits, Bank Reconciliations
- Audit preparation and assist independent auditors and regulators
- Various regulatory and state filings, annual reports, etc.
- Fiscal financial plans
To perform the job successfully, an employee should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Basic understanding of the business environment and industry.
· Demonstrates basic understanding of all company operations.
· Ability to research and understand gaap standards.
· Follows instructions of management while adhering to professional ethics.
· Possesses good organizational skills.
· Can work and communicate well with company personnel and representatives.
· Ability to work with numbers and detailed information.
· Is consistently at work and on time and properly dressed.