The Square Finance team is looking to hire an Accountant. We continue to need strong accounting talent as our team and company grow. This role will play an integral part in the day-to-day operations and accounting close with opportunities to work on various projects as we scale.
Responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager with:
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Assist with bank reconciliations, prepaids, fixed assets, and other close areas
- Assist with corporate credits cards and accounts payable as needed
- Integral part of monthly close process and ensure entries are in accordance with GAAP
- Provide supporting documents for audit
- Maintain general ledger system for growth and scale
- Assist in implementation of new ERP system and other key systems
- Provide management reports and analysis
- Interact with Finance and Strategy team on various analysis
- Ad hoc analysis and tasks as needed
The desired candidate must be highly analytical and inquisitive with a keen attention to detail. The candidate must be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills are required. Ideal candidate will be a process-oriented individual who is also flexible enough to thrive in a startup setting. Candidate must love getting 'hands dirty', have a strong work ethic, but also see the big picture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- GL or Public Accounting experience (1+ years)
- Highly technical with GAAP (US and international preferred)
- Previous roles should include audit or GL accounting (industry or venture-backed preferred)
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Tech savvy – Excel guru a plus
- Oracle experience a plus
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
Square is making commerce easy for everyone. Starting with a free credit card reader for the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, Square...