The Brattle Group is seeking a full-time Accountant in our Cambridge, MA office. Reporting to the Accounting and Tax Manager, this position has responsibility for the Company’s general accounting, reconciliations and assurance, annual audit support and tax accounting assistance. This covers the US and International operations. The core duties of this role include:
Assurance and Audit
- Hands-on accounting responsibility for The Brattle Group’s GL accounting.
- Timely and accurate preparation of standard monthly journal entries.
- Processing of accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly cash forecasts.
- Conduct assurance testing and monitoring of the company’s policies, procedures and guidelines in areas such as: purchasing, vendor payments, expense reimbursement and time & rate reconciliations for revenue recognition.
Tax and Compliance
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and documentation.
- Work on various U.S., state, local and international tax and compliance matters as assigned by team management.
The Brattle Group is an equal opportunity employer: minority/female/veteran/disabled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Two years’ experience in private accounting or mix of private and small public accounting.
- Proficient in using structured accounting systems, spreadsheets, and a working knowledge of report writers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service attitude and attention to detail.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to growing and changing environment.
- Must be able to exercise appropriate independent judgment and perform duties of a confidential nature.
- Occasional night and weekend work.
The Brattle Group, Inc. - 12 months ago