La Macchia Enterprises is looking for a talented Accountant . The enterprise includes The Mark Travel Corporation, Trisept Solutions, and Vax VacationAccess. Funjet Vacations is our flagship brand and has been fulfilling travelers' vacation dreams since 1974.
Join a team of 1000 employees, headquartered in Milwaukee, with office locations in London, Las Vegas, Orlando and Albuquerque. We are looking to hire only the most talented Accountant. Bring your unique abilities to innovate our enterprise!
Under general supervision of the Corporate Controller, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial statements and general ledger account balances.
· Participates in operational and/or Strategic Business Unit (SBU) team discussions as it relates to changes in operation workflows or the development of new products or features to ensure the integrity of the financial statements are maintained.
· Complete the financial statements, prepare and reconcile the general ledger accounts to ensure the statements are accurate, complete and consistent with the overall structure of the La Macchia Enterprise financial statement format and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as consistently applied.
· Develops the monthly journal entries necessary to complete the monthly financial statements and later, reviews that data to ensure the financials are complete, accurate, and consistent between months. All major deviations between months, budget vs. actual, and forecast can be explained
· Reconciles complex general ledger balance sheet accounts, resolve any outstanding differences, and brings issues to the attention of financial management.
· Review reservations for unusual Gross Profit Levels (exception reports) for updating reservation system data or notifying marketing of a feature or financial concern.
· Assists in the development and documentation of budgets by supporting SBUs and providing critical financial information during the budget process. Assist SBU with monthly forecasts.
· A successful Accountant plays a key role to the integrity, timeliness and internal control over our financial statements and the company’s assets. Additionally the Accountant assists the SBU to improve overall profitability of the business unit.
· Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university and two or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree required: Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting or Finance major
· CPA or CMA candidate preferred
· Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records and other office procedures and terminology.
· Customer Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of the economic and accounting principles and practices and analysis of financial data.
· Judgment and Decision-Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Reaction Awareness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
· Complex Problem-solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
· Troubleshooting – Determining causes or operating errors and deciding what to do about them.
Benefits at a glance :
· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Flexible Spending Account
· Vacation and Holiday Time Off
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Travel Opportunities
· Team Member Referral Program
· Wellness Program
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks.
The Mark Travel Corporation - 18 months ago
The Mark Travel Corporation (TMTC) is recognized as a world leader in leisure travel and is trusted by the world's leading airlines and...