The Spaceship Company
Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port, The Spaceship Company ( www.thespaceshipcompany.com ) is the aerospace production company, founded by Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic and Scaled Composites, which is building the world’s first fleet of commercial spaceships (SpaceShipTwos) and carrier aircraft (WhiteKnightTwos). The Spaceship Company plans to make access to space safe, reliable and affordable. The Spaceship Company is dedicated to that goal by building the first fleet of spaceflight systems developed for routine, scheduled flight operations that exceed our customers’ requirements. TSC’s first customer is Virgin Galactic ( www.virgingalactic.com ) which is on track to become the world’s first private “spaceline”.
Main Purpose of the Role
TSC is seeking a top notch Accountant to assist with financial/management reporting, monthly book close, and cost accounting analysis. Successful candidates will not only bring strong expertise across a breadth of accounting approaches, but will also have a good service orientation as they interact with the rest of the TSC team.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Preparation of journal entries; fixed assets, inventory accounting, cost accounting, accruals.
- Assist with month end and year end closing.
- Performs monthly variance analysis for departmental results and cost reports.
- Reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and forecasts.
- Reconcile inventory accounts to ensure proper recording of expenses and analyse direct labor costs.
- Continuously strive to improve the efficiency of TSC’s accounting systems and processes.
- Work closely with all levels of the organization to provide accounting related services.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system – Oracle is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint – advanced experience with Excel is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of a variety accounting concepts, techniques, and principles.
- Ability to form strong professional working relationships and work with team members who have limited finance experience
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written skills are necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and proactive follow through skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Must be a “U.S. person” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15).
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) are preferred
- 2 years ago - save job
Virgin Galactic will build the world’s first commercial space line that will enable dramatically more people and more activities in...