Transfield Services is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a rapidly growing business offering the diverse projects, international opportunities and tailored support you need to progress faster.
- Accounting, Finance or Business Degree
- In process of achieving or achieved CPA/CA or CFA qualification
- Strong accounting skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- SAP experience required
- Knowledge of financial terms and metrics required
- Detail and task oriented, extremely organized
- Team player and flexibility is a must
- Good communication skills
- Proactive individual who seeks improvement and understanding
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The Accountant will assist the Transfield Services Infrastructure team with the monthly close processes for the roads businesses. The Accountant will ensure the financial records are accurate and up to date and ensure appropriate controls and checks are in place to validate the information. The Accountant will also assist with annual audit.
The Accountant will analyse the results to determine where improvements and efficiencies can be made. The Accountant will assist with deliverables and reporting to the Sydney, Australia head office.
During periods of peak deadlines, may need the ability to come in early or stay late to manage all deadlines.
Key Working Relationships:
The position will report to the Senior Financial Analyst. The role will also interact heavily with the Vice President of Finance. The role will work closely with other Corporate and BU accountants and analysts. There are no direct reports to this role.
Education / Qualifications:
- Assist with month end close including but not limited to the following:
- Journal entries
- P&L and Balance sheet analysis and reporting
- Any other ad hoc month end requirements
If you would like to enjoy the greater opportunities and rewards of a business as diverse as its people, please visit the Careers section of our website and apply via Ref. No. 3470
- College Degree (Bachelors Level) in Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant field
- Proficient in technical accounting, IFRS and/or US GAAP
- 4+ years in Accounting or Finance profession
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write reports, technical memorandums and conclusions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work in a fast -pace environment
- Must be able to prioritize and think outside of the box to successfully balance competing demands
- Outstanding computer skills with expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience in SAP required
Transfield Services is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to recruit and appoint the best available person regardless of sex, age, religion, race, marital status, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
Posting Notes: Houston || Texas (US-TX) || United States (US) || LinkedIn; N/A; SEEK
Transfield Services - 7 months ago
Transfield Services delivers essential services to key industries in the Resources and Industrial, Infrastructure Services and Property and...