Transfield Services is an operations, maintenance and construction services organisation, operating globally in the resources, energy, industrial, infrastructure, rail, property and defence sectors. This is a diverse and growing business offering the training, opportunities and support you need to begin and build a successful career. We work closely with our clients, helping them to achieve their business outcomes through optimising the sustainable performance, integrity and output of their assets.
- Accounting, Finance or Business Degree
- In process of achieving CPA/CA or CFA qualification
- Strong accounting skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Knowledge of financial terms and metrics required
- Detail and task oriented, extremely organized
- Team player and flexibility is a must
- Good communication skills
- Proactive individual who seeks improvement and understanding
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The Accountant will assist the Corporate Accounting team with the monthly close processes for the Transfield Services Americas businesses. The Accountant will ensure the financial records are accurate and up to date and ensure appropriate controls and checks are in place to validate the information. The Accountant will also assist with audit and tax requirements and intercompany transactions.
The Accountant will analyse the results to determine where improvements and efficiencies can be made. The Accountant will assist with deliverables and reporting to the Sydney, Australia head office.
During periods of peak deadlines, may need the ability to come in early or stay late to manage all deadlines.
Key Working Relationships:
The position will report to the BU Controller of Transfield Services Americas. The role will also interact heavily with the Vice Presidents, Finance of the Resources & Energy, Transportation Infrastructure and Chilean businesses. The role will ultimately report to the Executive Vice President, Finance of Transfield Services Americas. The role will work closely with other Corporate and BU accountants and analysts. There are no direct reports to this role.
Education / Qualifications:
- Assist with month end close including but not limited to the following:
- Journal entries
- Assisting with cash management and review and recording of bank statements
- Accounts payable and invoices
- Accounts receivable
- Company reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Any other ad hoc month end requirements
Start your career off right in an exciting and supportive environment surrounded by great people. Please visit the Careers section of our website and apply via Ref. No. 1326
- College Degree (Bachelors Level) in Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant field
- Proficient in technical accounting, IFRS and/or US GAAP
- 3+ years in Accounting or Finance profession
- Excellent writing skills and ability to write reports, technical memorandums and conclusions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and work in a fast -pace environment
- Must be able to prioritize and think outside of the box to successfully balance competing demands
- Outstanding computer skills with expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience in SAP beneficial
Transfield Services - 15 months ago
Transfield Services delivers essential services to key industries in the Resources and Industrial, Infrastructure Services and Property and...