Summary: The Accountant a pplies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. May design, modify, install and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures. |
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
1. Prepare and review general ledger entries and reconciliations.
2. Prepare & post Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable transactions and prepare/reconcile payroll.
3. Oversee transactional accounting processes and procedures.
4. Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
5. Responsible for analysis of all inventory and production related variances.
6. Review gross profit for trends and/or costing problems.
7. Assist with the budget process.
8. Know and understand company and departmental policies and procedures.
9. Working knowledge of ERP systems (Syteline a plus).
10. Manufacturing background is required.
11. Perform other duties as required/assigned.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following qualifications:
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Organized with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
3. Proven analytical skills.
4. Strong technology skills, experience with an ERP system.
5. Proficient in the use of Excel.
6. Demonstrates initiative and a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines and is self-motivated.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Three or more years accounting experience. Cost accounting a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The schedule of work hours are dictated by work load, production flow, and customer services needs. Work hours may include additional hours beyond a normally scheduled work week.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Triumph Group, Inc. - 13 months ago