Lead all financial administration and fiscal management aspects of the Project(s). The Accountant will ensure that all team members, including Project Manager, Superintendent, and Engineer are following
Turner Financial Policy and Procedures, and will communicate any potential profitability or risk to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Set-up, coordinate, and evaluate the financial administration, general conditions budgeting, and certain tax reporting for the project.
· Responsible for project assets with respect to insurance and tax requirements, including managing the process.
· Evaluate and manage Project cash position with respect to net assets, liabilities, and unfunded work in place.
· Communicate cash position risk issues, including those with respect to unapproved and unfunded change order work in place.
· Implement, and maintain internal control safeguards for the project.
· Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports , special analyses, and information reports for the project.
· Set up, lead, oversee and implement procedures to insure contractual requirements with respect to all financial aspects are followed by all project participants including preconstruction billings, non reimbursable projections and analysis’s, proper fee billings, and financial contingency reporting.
· Investigate and resolve financial issues on behalf of Turner. Coordinate and communicate with Owners/ Architects/ Vendors in connection with resolving financial disputes and with respect to accounts payable, and accounts receivable issues.
· Ensure project ledger is maintained in accordance with standards of GAAP.
· Analyze and maintain project accounting records.
· Oversee and coordinate monthly billing process to owner.
· Manage approval process and compliance of subcontractor billings.
· Advise on various accounts analysis and reconciliation.
· Manage project closeout process with integrated project management team and make decisions relating to changes and back-charges in the close-out.
· Manage the A/P and A/R functions.
· Set up processes to manage employee expense reports, petty cash accounts, and miscellaneous general expense.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
BS in Accounting or related field plus a minimum of two years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Minimum 2 years' current or recent accounting experience in SAP. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Exercises independent judgement and discretion. Ability to identify problems and make recommendations for resolution. Operates with minimal direction and little or no supervision. Ability to perform cost analysis and be organized for maximum efficiency. Excellent knowledge of Accounting Principles to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site or office where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high
precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner Construction Company - 9 months ago
Turner Construction Company is recognized as the leading general builder in the U.S. The company’s 5000+ employees perform work on...