UNC General Administration (UNC System Office), Chapel Hill, seeks an Accountant. The Accountant will play an integral role in daily operations and work closely with staff to review and develop business process solutions that enable the organization to achieve goals, ensure accuracy and efficiency in cash management and payment processes.
- will acquire and understand all facets of operations in the central accounting office and how these components relate to financial management, reporting, and internal controls.
- must be able to learn and incorporate technology and systems quickly and is expected to be proactive in finding ways to improve current operations in conjunction with regulatory policies and procedures.
- efforts of this position enable compliance with the Office of State Budget and Management, Office of the State Auditor, Office of State Controller, Office of State Treasurer, IRS, and agency policies and procedures.
- will review, research, and resolve transaction activity to ensure transactions are recorded correctly. Position will be responsible for review and preparation of 1098 and 1099 forms.
- must have the ability to be responsive in a deadline driven environment. Position is expected to work with minimal supervision. The Accountant must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to present and communicate complex information both written and orally before a variety of audiences.
American Recovery & Reinvestment Act Funded:
University of North Carolina
- 14 months ago - save job