Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least 2 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance. Position may require travel.
URS Corporation is a fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. The company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. We provide these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States and internationally, FORTUNE 500 companies, and other multinational corporations. URS has approximately 56,000 employees and a network of offices in more than 50 countries.
URS Federal Services is looking for an Accountant to join our experienced and highly-motivated team. This position plays a key role in the company’s transactional accounting, monthly closing, and reporting function. Reporting to division finance management, this position requires a candidate who is willing to assume responsibilities of varying complexity in a dynamic professional environment.
1. Provides key financial support related to analyzing and recording monthly general accounting activity, variance analyses, and SEC reporting assistance for the Federal Services division.
2. Develops, directs, plans and evaluates current accounting policies and procedures. Recommends improvements, as necessary.
3. Participates in the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the creation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and analysis of the consolidated financial statements.
4. Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions.
5. Under limited supervision and in a timely and efficient manner, identifies financial risks, as necessary, and gathers necessary data to gain satisfactory comfort for all areas of responsibility. Communicates any perceived risks or areas for further research to management in a timely fashion.
6. Applies extensive expertise as a technical specialist, researches and interprets accounting guidance in order to communicate findings to management.
7. Performs accounting duties of a more complex nature requiring professional experience and knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
8. Contributes to a strong internal control environment and ensures compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and US generally accepted accounting principles and company policies and procedures.
9. Assists with implementation and testing of accounting systems, methods, procedures and controls.
10. Utilizes and controls accounting data systems, including Costpoint and Cognos accounting information systems.
11. Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives.
12. Applies sound professional judgment on details of work.
13. Interfaces with operations, functional support staff, and management on a regular basis.
14. Strives for excellence in written and verbal communication.
15. Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested and in doing so conveys a positive and team oriented attitude.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...