The Accounting Consultant position will be expected to assist the Accounting Manager to prepare, support and reconcile schedules according to the monthly close schedule. The position will be the primary resource for understanding the flow of transactions from GL sub-systems and the monthly impact to key balance sheet accounts.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenue, Accounts Receivable and related reserve and other expense and Balance Sheet accounts to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Timely and accurately prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Innovative approach to improve and streamline current process
- Proactively anticipate customer needs
- Solves more complex problems analysis
- Gets involved in complex situations
- Assist management with documentation and monitoring of key internal control procedures
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation as assigned by management
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- CPA preferred, not required
- Prior healthcare experience preferred, not required
- Strong, advanced computer proficiency â€“ Experience working with various computer programs and systems: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Access and Oracle.
OptumRx is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do. In the largest and most personal sense, your impact can be greater than even you thought at OptumRx.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...