- Bachelors degree is required
Briefly state the chief objective of this position and age group(s) to be served (if applicable):
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, financial accounting, month-end close processing, general ledger review and reconciliation, and cash tracking activities. This position will handle the banking relationships and manages system access for bank accounts. Additional duties involve preparing for the annual financial audit and providing technical assistance to other personnel. Will be cross trained on month-end work in order to cover for manager’s absence. Collaborates with manager to create or improve processes and/or procedures to enhance the efficiency of the department. Serves as technical and operational resource/contact for areas of expertise or responsibility; provides technical advice regarding departmental policies, procedures, and schedules.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire: N/A
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for continued employment including CPR, etc.: N/A
Level and type of experience REQUIRED :
· Minimum of three (3) years of previous work experience in general accounting or finance.
· Previous work experience with a personal computer and various software applications, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and automated accounting systems.
Level and type of experience PREFERRED:
· Four (4) years of previous work experience in general accounting or finance
· Previous experience with finance and accounting principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and federal and state financial regulations.
· Previous experience working with financial reports, statements, budgets, and projections.
Education/training REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field.
VCU Health System - 8 months ago