Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Operations, the Accountant I is responsible for managing assigned balance sheet accounts and performing financial transactions for the Association. The Accountant I must ensure regulatory and GAAP conformity, as well as maintaining, recording, reporting and safeguarding financial data and the Association's assets.
- Reconcile and maintain the integrity of the general ledger and subsidiary ledger accounts by gathering, researching and balancing information.
- Evaluates subsidiary accounts for obvious errors and omissions and enter corrected data into the general ledger.
- Prepare assigned audit schedules and account reconciliations.
- Review supporting schedules to ensure that the organization's accounting practices are being maintained.
- Prepare month-end journal entries for supervisor review.
- Assist in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures.
- Assist external auditors at year-end by responding to inquiries regarding assigned accounts.
- Complete special projects as directed by the Director of Financial Operations.
- Recommend, design and implement any necessary department controls.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Association.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
To be successful, you must meet some education, training and experience requirements and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and physical abilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, business administration or related field required.
- 1-3 years experience in a corporate accounting environment required.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems required;
- Oracle experience a plus. Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures. Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Advanced spreadsheet proficiency required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to treat confidential information with sensitivity.Working Conditions
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be willing to travel within Central Florida.
- Must have a valid Florida driver license.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- Must be capable of working closely with all levels of management and under minimal supervision.
Salary: $32,000 - $45,000
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation.
- The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees.
- Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management.
- Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
YMCA - 18 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...