We're a team of driven product designers who believe in rapid prototyping, multi-device design and teaching people how to design. We've been around since 1998, creating world-class products that hundreds of millions of people actually use. We believe Design, with a capital "D", can change the world, and we ensure it does.
We're looking for someone with a diverse background in accounting, who isn't afraid to work in a scrappy environment. You might start your day shuffling through vendor invoices, then go neck deep in some pretty gnarly spreadsheets, and finally round out your day compiling expense reports. You'll work closely with our Controller and the Operations team as our in-house Accountant. Best of all, you'll go home knowing that you made a lot of things happen to keep our ship powering forward.
Other skills we're looking for
As an Accountant, we'd like you to have the following experience:
- Good grasp of accounting principals
- Expert knowledge of Quickbooks, including ability to generate custom reports and export data to Excel
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including creating links and complex formulas
- Strong commitment to accuracy, with the strong ability to resolve discrepancies
- Critical thinker and able to take initiative
What you’ll be doing
- Accounts payable and credit card transaction processing
- Post ADP originated payroll disbursements
- Prepare all expense reports for corporate travel
- Process sales orders, invoices, and payments for customer contracts
- Prepare and process bank deposits
- Reconcile daily merchant credit card deposits
- Weekly reconciliation of our timekeeping entries made in Harvest
- Prepare monthly journal entries for earned revenue, labor distribution, amortization of prepaid expense, accruals, etc.