Denbury is currently searching for an Accountant II - III in our Plano, Texas corporate office. This position will require minimal to no travel.
Job Summary: To provide transaction processing, reporting and analytical support for general accounting, internal reporting, and financial reporting functions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Prepare quarterly reports for members of the board and se or management
- Prepare operations reports for management team
- Analyze general and operating expenses trends and variances to budget and forecast
- Prepare supporting documentation for SEC filings
- Record accounting entries in the SAP general ledger system
- Prepare analysis and reconciliation of various general ledger accounts.
- Perform other general accounting functions as required in compliance with SOX and GAAP.
• Strong work ethic
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work both independently and harmoniously within a group
• Prioritize workload and re-prioritize when necessary
• Detail oriented, highly organized and self-motivated
• Take direction, implement changes and follow up as needed
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel and Word)
• In-depth accounting knowledge or financial analyst experience
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 – 5 + years of industry experience in general accounting and/or reporting, or
• Minimum 2+ years in public accounting
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
• Upstream and/or midstream oil and gas experience
• Knowledge of SAP and BW reporting
• In-depth general ledger experience
• BA with an emphasis in accounting or finance
* CPA or CPA candidate
Compensation and Benefits
Denbury Resources offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Outstanding Denbury Benefits Include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits on 1st Day of Employment!
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, with company contribution
- Great Long Term Incentives, i.e. Equity Opportunities
- 401k, including company match
- Generous Vacation/Sick Time
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Employer-paid Life, short term and long term insurance
- Gift Matching Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Relaxed work culture
Denbury Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is a Drug Free Environment.
CareerBuilder - 10 months ago