Begin your next big adventure with uShip! uShip is the world’s largest and most trusted shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book auction-style bids from 300,000 customer-reviewed Transportation Service Providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. Since launching uShip in 2004, our mission has been to be the world’s leading online solution for shipping anything, anytime, anywhere. We are passionate about empowering buyers and providers of transportation services to efficiently conduct business on an unbiased, transparent and competitive platform.
uShip is seeking an Accounting & Reporting Associate for our Finance and Accounting team. The Accounting & Reporting Associate will assist the Controller and team with the day-to-day operations of the company, with a primary focus on treasury management, accounts payable and asset management.
This is a great opportunity to get some real-world experience and be able to contribute immediately to a rapidly growing multinational company headquartered downtown Austin, Texas.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Perform a key role in monitoring the accounts payable process and corporate expenses.
- Manage the monthly tracking and reporting of our physical assets.
- Perform key reconciliations as part of our month-end close process.
- Assist with the implementation of a new accounting system.
- Perform research for diverse projects including accounting methodology determinations.
- Assist with external audit requests and other various projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance from an accredited four-year institution.
- Strong, consistent work ethic with a dedicated focus on details.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment.
- Exceedingly reliable and organized with ability to multi-task.
- Quickly adapts to new processes and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic accounting knowledge a must.
- Moderate level Excel knowledge is required.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and SQL query scripting are a plus.
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of...