Performs a variety of routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: General Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or related financial area.
• Posts accounting documents involving invoices, receipts, vouchers, requisitions, expenses, etc.
• Reconciles bank accounts and balances general or subsidiary ledgers.
• Processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc.
• Prepares and mails bills or statements or prepares lists of outstanding bills payable.
• May prepare summary sheets or other work papers for supervisor’s use in preparing financial statements.
• May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental procedures.
• May assist with or prepare trial balances.
High school diploma with specialized Accounting course(s) or equivalent related experience.
Minimum of 6 months accounting clerical, bookkeeping or administrative assignments involving record keeping.
Ability to understand and carry out simple instructions in standard situations. Organizational skills; attention to detail; basic skills in Microsoft Office suite applications.