Accounting Administrative Assistant (Ghana)
Do you have a passion for working with a team that builds large complex projects? Do you enjoy being in a fast-paced environment where your ideas can make a real impact? Are you ambitious and results oriented? Are you looking for endless professional opportunities and tremendous career progression? If so, The Conti Group is looking for you.
Founded over 100 years ago on traditional principles and values, Conti is an infrastructure development firm delivering complex engineering and construction projects across the nation and internationally, servicing construction markets such as transportation, water, environmental, power, industrial, renewable energy, facilities, and homeland security. We are well known for our client responsiveness, top caliber people and innovativeness. To learn more about The Conti Group, please go to www.conticorp.com .
General Position Description
The Accounting Administrative Assistant works closely with the finance team to support the team in constructing a profitable, safe, high quality project in accordance with all the Conti Standards. This position works on-site and contributes a lot to the project’s success!
- Accurately enters the payroll daily; completes weekly audits to ensure all employees are correctly paid. Ensures all payroll issues are accurately and timely resolved.
- Processes layoff checks in a timely manner.
- Aggressively adheres to the project invoicing schedule. Ensures all invoices are submitted on time and with the appropriate documentation. Follows up to assure timely payment of invoices.
- Ensures the team aggressively pursues timely payment of change orders and/or claims from the client.
- Ensures all T&M cost are properly captured and submitted on a timely basis, works with AR department to co-ordinate the price up of the tickets
- Timely processes supplier invoices to ensure the Purchase Order Agreement payment terms are met.
- Ensures all invoices are received and vouchered in the appropriate month, prior to the monthly closing deadline.
- Files, matches, and processes vendor invoices, purchase orders, and packing slips for validation by the Project Accountant. Copies invoices and back up data for the project files and the monthly client billing. .
- Maintains a comprehensive and orderly project file system. Ensures the team adheres to the filing process.
- Responsible for calculating and filing VAT taxes, Withholding taxes and Payroll taxes.
- Work with GRA to timely resolve any tax issues.
The Conti Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or a related field.
- 1-3 years of office-related experience.
- Excellent customer service, teamwork and people skills.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to execute.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to multi task and work in a fast paced challenging environment.
- Ability and desire to learn and progress within your position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- ERP system (i.e., JD Edwards) or previous payroll experience a plus.